36 saltine crackers
1 cup salted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1½ cups semi sweet choc chips
1½ cups mixed toppings (such as chopped nuts, cookies, candies, and pretzels)
1. Preheat the main oven to 300 degrees
2. Line a rectangular baking pan with parchment paper.
3. Place the saltines in a single layer in the base of the baking pan.
4. In a saucepan, melt the butter and sugar. Bring to a boil until the thermometer reads, 280 degrees .
5. Pour the mixture immediately over the saltines.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
7. Take out of the oven and set to the side.
8. In the meantime, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt the choc chips in the microwave, removing at 25-second intervals to stir.
9. Pour the melted chocolate over the candy in the baking pan.
10. Scatter over the toppings and slice into portions while warm.
11. Allow to cool completely before storing in airtight container in the refrigerator.