Sensory Toys: Non Toxic Slime

A lot of ASD kids are orally fixated and tend to chew on things.  Most slime recipes contain some dangerous chemicals.  This is not supposed to be eaten, but it’s non toxic so it’s safe for babies and lickers.

Ingredients:

1 cup water Glitter Food colouring 1 1/2 spoons Metamucil* *

Directions:

Mix water, Metamucil and a couple of drops of food colouring in a bowl and  microwave for 3 minutes.  Stir and return to the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Each time you do this it should become gloopier and thicker. Now add your glitter and stir. Once the mixture has cooled down you can knead it like bread dough to mix in the sparkles.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s